Big Data is a large amount or a huge volume of raw information that cannot stored and processed using the traditional approach within a given time frame. Data is raw information.
It is the collection of raw information that is so large that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand database management tools or traditional processing applications.
- Volume: It is the total amount of generated data. It is generating from various social media sources.
- Velocity: It refers to the speed on which data is generating from social media sites.
- Variety: It categories types of data being generated by humans or machines in social media sites. They are categories as Structured, Semi-Structured, and Unstructured.
Structured data is in an organized form. The data, organized in the form of row and column in a table. Similar data is categorizing in the same column. Information stored in MYSQL, Oracle, and other relational database management systems are structured data.
Semi-Structured data is in formatted form. An example of the semi-structured form is data in an XML file or JSON file.
Unstructured data is in the form of video, images, audio.
- Value: It is the process of finding the correct meaning out of generated raw information.
- Veracity: To know the uncertainty and inconsistency.
How it is Generated?
Machines, as well as Humans, generated the raw information. It is generating in each and every second through various systems at high velocity.
Machine-generated: They generated by real-time sensors in industry machines or in the vehicles. For example: In any airport when the plane takes off, the computer keeps the record of any plane in the airport computer system with the help of sensors in the plane. More examples are Submarine, Activity Tracker (heartbeat, distance walked, quality of sleep, body temperature).
Human-generated: They are the generated in social media sites by human activities. In a survey, it is find out that:
Facebook receives around 100 TB of raw information each day ( uploading photos, videos, audios, texts),
The Twitter process around 400 million tweets each day,
LinkedIn and Google+ are concerned each of these sites receive tens of TB of raw information on a daily basis.
Youtube has been reported that each minute around 48 hours of flash videos are upload to Youtube.
Big Data Analytics
It examines large amounts of raw information to uncover hidden patterns, correlations, and other insights. It helps to find the behaviors, and patterns of humans in various social sites and provides the information to humans accordingly.
Benefits of Big Data Analytics
- Trends in organizations help to generate sales.
- It provides organizations knowledge about the customers’ behavior on their products and services.
- Decreases the cost of products and services.
- For any organization, they know the customer’s needs and provide the customer’s advantages according to their desires.
- It helps in decision making in any organization.
Who uses it?
- Banking Sectors
- Health Care
Use Cases of Big Data
- Recommendation Engines
- Analyzing Call Details Record (CDR)
- Fraud Detection
- Market Basket Analysis
- Sentimental Analysis
Here is the basic concept of Big Data also provides some brief information about Analytics. I hope this provides some of the ideas of raw information. To understand more on it you can also go through this site.
For more tech news you can go through.
Comment your views on the Comment section below.