What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the marketing which is performed by using digital channels, digital platform, digital power to reach consumers and to promote products and services. Its development during the 1990s and 2000s changed the way brands and businesses use technology for marketing. Digital marketing is a broad field, including attracting consumers via email, content marketing, search platforms, social media and more.
Assets of Digital Marketing
In the digital world, your digital marketing assets are anything that creates visibility online. It simply needs to be a marketing tool you use online. In addition, they help people find and do business with you. They are:
- Landing pages/websites
- Branded assets (logos, icons etc.)
- Social media(Facebook, instragram, Twitter, Pintrest)
- Video content (video ads, product demos etc.)
- Images (infographics, product shots, company photos etc.)
- Main content( Blog Posts, Product descriptions)
You can probably think that most of digital marketer will fall into one of these categories, but cleaver marketers are constantly coming up with new ways to reach customers online.
Digital Marketing Channels
Digital marketing channels are anything that get your product or service in front of your desired audience, online; and with billions of people across the world accessing online services daily.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is the process of improve the quantity and quality of website traffic to a website or a webpage from search engines (Google, Bing, yahoo etc.) through non-paid (also known as organic search engine results. Organic search results are the query results which are calculated strictly algorithmically and not affected by advertiser payments.
Search engine marketing (SEM)
Search engine marketing is a form of digital marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages primarily through paid advertising. It’s the practice of marketing a business using paid advertisements that appears on search engine results pages.
It is based on cost per-click (cpc) model I e. you will have to pay, only if someone clicks on your ads. We can say that search engine marketing increases the maximum opportunity for the improvement of your business.
Social media optimization (SMO)
Social media optimization is a process of making your website social media marketing ready. Social media is great way to get existing customers communicating with your business regularly , building trust, strengthening relationships, and encouraging them to entire new customers in by sharing your materials. Social media optimization can be used to increase awareness of new products and services, connect with customers, and ameliorate potential damaging news. Various social media platforms can be used for digital marketing, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Social media marketing (SMM)
Social media marketing is a process to market your business on social networks. Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic. This involves publishing great content on your social media profiles, listening to and engaging your followers, analyzing your results, and running social media advertisements.
The major social media platforms (at the moment) are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat.
Email marketing is a form of marketing that can make the customers on your email, list aware of new products, discounts and other services.
Content marketing is another fairly broad digital marketing term. Content marketing covers any digital marketing effort that uses content assets (blog posts, infographics, eBooks, videos, etc) to build brand awareness or drive clicks, leads or sales.
Affiliate marketing is essentially paying someone else (a person or a business) to promote your products and services on their website.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Entry resistance is low: Starting digital marketing doesn’t require a lot of budgets in comparison of physical marketing. Simply, if you want to start your business through digitally then you go to Google My Business and create an account and start a business. Google My Business is a free and easy to use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including search and maps.
- Measureable and Real Time: Digital Marketing is the most measurable form of marketing. By measuring your digital marketing campaigns in real-time, you can see which tactics are working and which are not. Then you can adjust your campaigns for greater success.
- It’s a 24*7 marketing approach: With digital marketing campaigns, you can advertise your business 24 hours every day. Furthermore, you will not have to worry about staff wages or store hourse.Your target customers can access your website and purchase goods and services irrespective of the time or fear of closing hours.
- Global customers reach: Global reach refers to business initiative to increase the access between a company and their current and potential customers through the use of internet.
Is digital marketer is good carrier in Nepal?
In the era of 21 century, For any business, Digital marketing matters more than anything, when it comes to reaching out to customers online. A website is the representation of the business online. These days every business realizes the need for having a website and are putting in efforts to design and develop the best site for taking their products or services online. Digital marketing has a certain scope in Nepal cause I guess there are not too many digital marketing professor so if you’re able to get enough knowledge about SEO, SEM, SMO, SMM and be a well-qualified, it’s not that hard to grow your business. Therefore, I feel that web development has one of the best careers in Nepal.